Traveling with children involves going loaded with suitcases: clothes, diapers, toys, accessories … But it is common to forget something essential when traveling with children and that can get us out of more than one hurry: the first aid kit box.
Getting a good kit for children allows us to always be prepared for any type of situation. The content of a child’s vacation kit will vary depending on the destination of the vacation. It is not the same to travel to Barcelona, to do it to a tropical country or one in the process of development.
Anyway, there are some basics that can never be missed when traveling with children and today we want to show you everything that a good child’s kit should contain to travel.
First aid kit box for children when traveling with them
- Antiseptics: Antiseptics are used to fight or prevent infections in case of wounds, burns or stings.
- Analgesics: They serve to relieve and reduce pain, such as headaches, sore throats, muscle pain…
- Antipyretics: Antipyretics can help to reduce fever in the case that it is presented by any infection.
- Antihistamine: In the case that our son suffers some type of allergy, we must include an antihistamine.
- Healing material: The wounds in children are frequent, so we should have planned gauze, tape, bandages, bandages and cotton. This type of material also allows us to stop a hemorrhage.
- Instrumental: Scissors, tweezers and a thermometer are indispensable in any first aid kit box.
- Physiological serum in a single dose: The physiological serum allows us to clean the wounds well before applying the antiseptic. We can also use it to clean the eyes or nostrils.
- Insect repellent: The repellent will prevent our children from falling victim to the bites of various insect species.
- Cream with corticosteroids: To treat any insect bite as well as eczema or any allergic reaction on the skin.
- Antidiarrheals: Specific for children. They are very useful to stop diarrhea.
- Rehydration envelopes: In case diarrhea or some other type of probiotic appears to restore the intestinal flora.
- Cream or roll-on for bumps and bruises: A preparation based on arnica can be very useful in case of a blow, contusion or bruises.
- Sunscreen: Let’s go wherever we go, whatever the time of year, a sunscreen is essential and more taking into account the sensitive skin of children.
- Cicalfate or similar: Cicalfate is a cream that we have already spoken on more than one occasion. It serves to restore damaged skin and has numerous applications such as sunburn, domestic burns, wounds, scratches and small cuts, insect bites, eczema, cold sores, diaper rash … among others. In conclusion, a basic in any first aid kit since it can be very useful in more than one occasion.
- Antimareos: The children at the time of traveling get dizzy with much more frequency for it to take in our first-aid kit box. Having Biodramina or any other antimareos, we can avoid these situations making the trip more bearable for the children.
- Broad-spectrum antibiotics: Carrying antibiotics on top is recommended above all if traveling to some type of developing country where it may be more difficult to get them if required. Remember that a proper administration of antibiotics is essential to avoid resistance to this type of drugs. Consult your pharmacist and use them only if it is really necessary.
Traveling with children? Carry your first aid kit box
Remember that self-medication carries a risk and more for children. Therefore, if you have any questions about the medication you should take with you, ask your doctor or pharmacist for information about the instructions and the correct administration for each one of them.
And above all, do not forget to include any usual medication that the child already has prescribed.
You may also like to read this blog.