Muscle aches are a common problem for many people who, nevertheless, want to avoid the use of analgesics, anti-inflammatories and other medications. Luckily, within our reach, we have medicinal foods that can help us relieve muscle aches.
Discover in this article a natural and homemade remedy based on black pepper and olive oil that will allow us to fight pain. We can take it as a natural medicine and also apply it to the painful area with a message to achieve greater effectiveness. Test it!
Properties of black pepper
Black pepper is one of the most common culinary spices. However, many are still unaware of its great properties for health, both in its consumption and its application. Among all its components piperine stands out, an alkaloid with many medicinal properties:
- It acts as a natural anti-inflammatory, which also helps to relieve many types of pain.
- It is an excellent muscle relaxant.
- It is very antioxidant, that is, it protects us from the damage caused by free radicals and premature aging.
- It is a fluidiser of the blood and reduces cholesterol levels.
- It increases the salivation and the gastric secretions, so that it opens the appetite and improves the digestion.
- It has antiseptic properties that fight infections.
- It stimulates the thyroid gland and facilitates weight loss.
You may continue: Combats slow digestion with preparations based on aloe vera
Properties of olive oil
Olive oil is not only a perfect ingredient to marinate any remedy, but also adds and enhances its healing properties. At the culinary level, it is one of the best options, along with coconut oil, to subject to high temperatures, since they are the ones that have greater resistance.
We highlight its main benefits:
- Relieves joint and muscle pain. In fact, it acts in a similar way to analgesic medications.
- Improves circulation
- Care and tone the skin.
- Its antioxidant content prevents aging and degenerative diseases.
- Cleanses the liver and gallbladder
- It balances the intestinal function.
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Prevents diabetes and insulin resistance .
Remedy for muscle aches
This remedy, therefore, combines the healing effects of black pepper and olive oil to soothe muscular pains. At the same time, it can also be useful for many other ailments.
These two ingredients not only add to their benefits but also act synergistically. That is, they enhance the healing properties. To achieve rapid effects we recommend, therefore, take this remedy while we apply it to the affected area.
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil (500 ml)
- 4 tablespoons of black peppercorns (56 g)
To prepare this remedy we will follow the following steps:
- It is essential to acquire the pepper in grain so that it conserves its properties to the maximum.
- Crush the grains a little in a mortar or in a grinder. It should not get to grind, but only break to release its healing oils.
- Heat the olive oil a little. It does not have to burn or boil.
- Add the crushed grains together with the oil and let cool.
- Introduce both warm ingredients in a jar with an airtight seal.
- Let marinate for 3 weeks and strain to remove the remaining pepper.
- The oil will be ready for consumption or use.
How do we use it?
- To take this remedy to soothe muscular pains: 1 tablespoon of this oil fasting, half an hour before breakfast, and 1 tablespoon before bedtime.
- The ideal is to combine it with the application of this oil directly into the affected area. We can massage the area well until we feel how the temperature increases, thanks in part to the components of the pepper.
- Besides the muscular pains, this oil is also effective to apply in the joints, the temples (in case of a migraine) or the belly (in menstrual cramps).
- Aesthetically, thanks to its circulatory virtues, pepper oil is also a good remedy to prevent cellulite and varicose veins.
- This oil can also be applied on the chest and back in cases of respiratory conditions, to facilitate expectoration.
We also recommend you to read this article: http://srewang.com/rules-of-use-activated-charcoal-and-the-best-recipes-for-teeth-whitening/