Breakfasts with chia seeds provide us with an extra of nutrients and energy to face the day in the best way while taking care of our digestive health.
Breakfasts with chia seeds are excellent alternatives to start the day with energy. Thanks to the nutritional properties of this super food, its incorporation in regular nutrition contributes to maintaining a healthy weight and an optimal state of health.
Its advantage over other ingredients is that it is very versatile and easily combined with many foods. In addition, thanks to its contributions of dietary fiber, amino acids, and healthy fats, it is one of the most complete options to provide the body with what it needs.
Do you want to enjoy a quick and healthy breakfast? Then do not hesitate to try the 4 recipes with chia that we share next. But first, let’s review some of the main benefits of this food.
Benefits of chia seeds that you will like to know
Chia seeds have gained much fame in recent years, as many celebrities in Hollywood recommend them for the diet. They are native to Guatemala and Mexico, but can now be purchased in many other places around the world.
They are characterized by having a slightly nutty flavor, which goes very well when mixed with fruit or yogurt. They are also distinguished because they acquire a gelatinous texture after being submerged in water for several hours. Why should you consume them?
- Thanks to its contribution of omega 3 fatty acids, chia seeds favor the control of high cholesterol and protect cardiovascular health.
- Its proteins and carbohydrates help increase the level of energy, improving physical and mental productivity.
- It contains amino acids that support weight loss and the formation of muscle mass.
- Due to their antioxidant content, they protect the cells and reduce the risk of premature aging.
- Its dietary fiber improves the digestion process and reduces problems such as constipation and heartburn.
- They concentrate anti-inflammatory substances that favor the relief of sore joints and muscles.
- Their contributions of tryptophan improve the production of serotonin and help control anxiety, depression, and sleep problems.
Breakfasts with chia seeds that you should try
Breakfasts with chia seeds are healthy recipes to recharge the body with all the nutrients it requires to get going. Since they are energetic, they support the functions of the metabolism to lose weight without going hungry. Do not stop trying them!
1. Greek yogurt with chia seeds
This delicious option for breakfast contains high-quality proteins that help you gain muscle mass. It is also a source of probiotics, which regulate digestive pH to reduce inflammation and constipation.
- ½ cup of Greek yogurt (125 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (15 g)
- Fruits to taste (we suggest banana, kiwi or strawberry)
- Pour the Greek yogurt in a bowl and then add the chia seeds.
- Incorporate the fruits that you like the most and stir everything with a spoon.
2. Mango, yogurt and chia seeds shake
Undoubtedly, this is one of the breakfasts with the fastest and most delicious chia seeds. It contains dietary fiber, which improves digestion and slows anxiety. It also provides light doses of amino acids, recommended to take care of metabolic and muscular health. You also try to prepare almond milk to lose weight.
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 glass of natural yogurt (200 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds (30 g)
- Cut the pulp of a ripe mango and put it in the glass of the blender.
- Add the plain yogurt and beat for a moment.
- When it is ready, add the chia seeds and consume it.
3. Oats and chia seeds
This alternative with oatmeal is a perfect option for those who have little time to make more complex recipes for breakfast. You only have to invest 15 minutes and the result is simply delicious, nutritious and energetic.
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- 1 cup of oatmeal (105 g)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla essence (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder (15 g)
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- Salt to taste)
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds (60 g)
- Pour the cups of water into a pot and bring them to boil with the vanilla and cinnamon.
- When it reaches boiling point, add the oats and reduce the heat to a minimum.
- Let it cook for 5 or 8 more minutes.
- After the recommended time, remove it from the fire and wait for it to rest.
- Then, add honey and salt.
- Serve the mixture in a bowl and finally add the chia seeds.
Note: If you wish you can add nuts, berries or chopped banana.
4. Flour and chia seeds pancakes
These delicious pancakes with flour and chia seeds are ideal to replace those refined options that sell readily in the market. It is a low-calorie recipe that controls the feeling of hunger for longer.
- 3 cups of wheat flour (375 g)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (15 g)
- ½ glass of water (100 ml)
- Salt to taste)
- 3 tablespoons chopped nuts (45 g)
- Olive oil (the necessary)
- Incorporate all ingredients in a container, except olive oil.
- Mix everything vigorously until you get a thick paste.
- Then cover it with a cloth and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- After this time, shape the pancakes by taking small portions of dough.
- To finish, sprinkle a pan with olive oil and cook the cakes on both sides until they look golden.
As you can see, making breakfasts with chia seeds is very simple and delicious. If you have not tried them yet, go ahead and prepare any of the recipes mentioned above and enjoy the benefits of this food.
If you like this article, please share with your friends and family. And don’t forget to share with your social networks platforms.
Have a nice day!!